Forum Message

Customer Activity Statement

Hi Mark,

Attempted to produce an activity statement last night but cannot see how to configure this. The statement the system produced seemed to have selected a few customer transactions seemingly at random.

If it is not configurable i.e. start date and possibly end date how does the activity statement select transactions?

Thanks
Simon

Ps did bump an old thread on this but doesn't seem to have appeared in current month messages so repeating anew!

Posted by Simon Willett on Feb 6, 2017 9:04 AM GMT

Hi Simon,

The customer statement is limited to the last 6 months - unfortunately this is not a configurable parameter. A workaround is to change the clock on your computer to be 1 year older, print the customer activity statement, then change the clock again.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 6, 2017 9:51 AM GMT

Thanks Mark - that worked - the statement now picks up all the transactions.

We often do longer projects for clients with stage payments and staged invoicing so were quite excited to see this new feature listed as we have always had to export and edit in spreadsheet before - timeconsuming to add in the formulas etc.

Obviously the feature is quite basic as it stands so could I request it go on the rainy day list for some improvements!

We'd like to see configurable start and end dates and the ability to filter by job/dept

Posted by Simon Willett on Feb 6, 2017 10:23 AM GMT

Hi Simon,

Glad to hear the workaround is useful! I'll note your suggestions about the flexibility of the activity statement as feature requests in our development system.

Regards,

Posted by on Feb 6, 2017 4:35 PM GMT

Hi Mark. I have also previously requested these features.

Can I add my voice to better configuration of reports generally. Work arounds and spread sheet exports are very clunky and slow for basic business analysis. Given the introduction of subscription costs I don’t think it unreasonable to expect these basic features.

Many thanks

Posted by Simon on Feb 7, 2017 4:29 PM GMT