Forum Message

Mac High Sierra

Hi,
Glad to see offline Solar Accounts is compatible with Mac High Sierra, but unfortunately I've not found it so. Is anyone else having problems?
After trying on a second startup disk on which it did work, I updated my main drive and now all Solar does is start to launch then immediately disappear from the dock again.
Is there some other requirement for it to run properly in High Sierra? Something to do with the Java version, perhaps? Or the new filesystem for solid state drives (which our main system runs on)?
I'd really like to get it working again; it's a brilliant and simple accounting app but we don't use it nearly intensively enough to move up to your online version.

Posted by Paul Genty on Oct 5, 2017 3:28 PM BST

Hi Paul,

Please try re-installing the latest offline version of Solar Accounts as described here:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=false

If that doesn't solve the problem, please do the following:

1. Run the Mac 'Finder' application (leftmost icon in the Mac dock)

2. Click menu Go > Go To Folder, enter this text and click Go:
    ~/Library/Logs

3. Among the files you should see "SolarAccounts.log" - please email it to me

4. Again click menu Go > Go To Folder, enter this text and click Go:
    ~/Library/Solar Accounts 3/logs

5. You should see one or more files starting with"SolarEvent..." - please email me all those files.

That will give us a better understanding of the problem.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 6, 2017 9:35 AM BST

Thanks Mark,
I reinstalled the latest offline version after removing all the old app and pref files first (I was already using 398e) and it now works. Whew!
Never had to do that with an update before so didn't think to do it this time either. Thanks for your help.

Posted by Paul Genty on Oct 6, 2017 9:45 AM BST

Glad to hear it works now!

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 6, 2017 9:52 AM BST