Forum Message

Software and Java error

I use a downloaded version of Solar which a month or so ago started to have an error every time I add an entry which causes it to close. The message states 'Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition binary has stopped working'. I have been online and done all of the things Java suggests to ensure my drivers are up to date etc but I still get the error. It is making Solar unusable as it shuts down after every entry. Anyone got any suggestions as to how it can be resolved please?
Thanks

Posted by Yvonne Barker on Jan 31, 2018 10:03 AM GMT

Hi Yvonne,

It seems that a recent update to Windows causes a "Java 2 binary error" in Solar Accounts on some devices. The workaround is in the payment window click More Options > Window Options > Keep Window Open After Saving, then click 'Save', then close the window.

Note: you may also want to consider switching to the online version of Solar Accounts, which doesn't have this problem:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/switch-to-online.php

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 31, 2018 10:45 AM GMT

Hi, sorry, I can't offer any solutions. Just to let you know, you are not alone with this issue! Regards

Posted by Kevin Thornicroft on Feb 6, 2018 9:25 PM GMT

I have just switched to the online version and am still getting this error everytime .
I thought moving to the on line version would stop this.
Help

Posted by T Stanners on Apr 4, 2018 5:40 PM BST

Hello T Stanners,

Can you please confirm that you have logged in with a User ID and password? If so, please send me a picture of your entire screen showing the error message.

​Thanks,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 5, 2018 10:04 AM BST