Forum Message

Business Exps - New Feature???

I’m a really big fan of the product. The one thing thats missing from my point of view is the ability to be able to manage employee expenses within Solar Accounts.

We travel a lot in our business, as more and more people do, and generate huge amounts of expenses claim receipts, far too many to be entered as individual Transactions within Solar Accounts, but we still to have leave a paper trail.

This means we’ve ended up using several excel spreadsheets, then have to transfer the totals across to rack payments/costs.

I would be willing to pay for a simple solution that would allow the expense data to entered by individual employees then to be submitted to be imported into Solar Accounts. It would not take a lot of work. At the start it could be as simple as a Excel Template with a GUI and an import feature in Solar Accounts. It would actualy make for a great smartphone app with the ability to email the output direct to the accounts person from anywhere in the world (many 3rd parties develop apps at low costs these days)!!!!

Does anyone else have this issue / Would you be willing to consider purchasing a new component if one existed?

Sean.

Posted by Sean Hanna on Feb 15, 2011 9:14 AM GMT

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note your suggestion about making claims receipts easier as an option for future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 15, 2011 1:27 PM GMT

Hi Sean, I am writing a small widget for this task, it would help if you can be a bit more specific about your needs. In fact, if other members with similar needs may also contribute, you may get a widget that helps many users. I am thinking of a screen asking for various inputs (here, I need to know what info, please), it will create a CSV that can be imported to Solar Accounts.

Any input would be welcome!

Posted by Mehboob Yasin on Feb 16, 2011 5:03 PM GMT