Forum Message

Multiple Co's

Hi,

I am an accountant that would like to set up in business, one service i would like to offer is book keeping.
Can you advise if the software is suitable for multiple small companies, and whether it allows a combination of sole traders and ltd companies.
I have not yet set up the business so do not have any clients but this appears a great way to commence the service without a large financial outlay.

Thanks

Posted by Susan Booth on Feb 24, 2011 3:34 PM GMT

Hi Susan,

Yes, a single installation of Solar Accounts allows you to manage an unlimited number of clients - just create a separate business file for each client. Solar Accounts supports both self-employed individuals and limited companies.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 24, 2011 3:42 PM GMT

Hi Susan,

I am also looking to start my own business looking after the book keeping for small businesses and self employed friends.
Please could you tell me if you are using this software and if it is ideal for purpose.
Thank you

Posted by Jacky Mitchell on Mar 20, 2011 1:42 PM GMT

Hi Jacky,

Sorry for the delay.

If i'm honest i've put on hold the system purchase as i'm still in the process of applying for MIP status so i can work for myself.

What i have seen of the system it looks very good.

My intention would be to use the free trial to ensure the system could meet all my requirements, i am hoping to do this in the next couple of weeks.

Good Luck

Posted by Susan Booth on Apr 6, 2011 2:47 PM BST

This works really well for multiple company accounting. Just make sure you log into the correct business file (obvious I know but a pain in the but when you have been working for a couple of hours inputting PI's onto the wrong db), and in your situation PLEASE ensure back-ups after each business session. I would recommend a raided NAS drive and then an end of day USB copy to take off site. Disasters only seems to happen when you forget to back-up.

Posted by Steve Birch on Sep 27, 2011 5:52 PM BST