Forum Message

Automatic Closing

Has anyone suggested a closing of the program after a given period of inactivity. I regularly access the account file on a shared drive from different computers and occasionally realise I have not closed the program down from a previous visit and hence the file is locked.
This is not a big problem (remote access and closing solar) but an automatic closure on inactivity after a period of time may resolve the locked file problem.

On the matter of shared drives, I have trialed depositing the account file on an MS Live essentials mesh drive and it works really well. All the most use files in one place with local printers etc, accessible wherever there is an internet connection.

Posted by Steve Birch on Jul 23, 2012 6:49 PM BST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note your suggestion about closing the file after inactivity as an option for future development.

Cheers

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 24, 2012 9:44 AM BST

Feature will be ok as long as it user definable Mark (and Steve), but the option for a "No" or "Yes" (followed by; after how long?) within Setup would be fine, otherwise it could be just something else to ruin my day :>)) It's never easy to please all the people all of the time, is it ?!!

Posted by Alan Eastough on Jul 24, 2012 12:10 PM BST