Forum Message

Reports

I am not an accountant and my knowledge of accounts is non existent so my question may reflect this but I have the following query ...
My ACCOUNT ACTIVITY > Sales Income balance is different to Sales Income in ACCOUNTS. This difference (ACCOUNT ACTIVITY balance) shows up in the Trial Balance although the total balances tally. Should the Sales income reflected in the trial balance not correspond to the Sales Income in ACCOUNTS (which lists all the invoices?).

Posted by Marlen Carvalho on Feb 7, 2013 7:24 PM GMT

Hi Marlen,

Check that the date of the Trial Balance report is after all transactions shown in the Account Activity list. If this is the case please email me the Account list, the Account Activity list and the Trial balance (ie. for each list click menu File > Export To > Adobe Acrobat PDF File then email me those files.) This will give me a better understanding of the problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 7, 2013 7:33 PM GMT

Thanks Mark. The problem was over posting of transactions beyond the financial YE.
All sorted and reports looking as they should. This is a well developed software and would be perfect if I could adapt the VAT returns for Ireland. Perhaps you will sometime down the line?

Posted by Marlen Carvalho on Feb 8, 2013 9:58 AM GMT

Hi Marlen,

Glad you sorted the problem! Yes we would like to produce Solar Accounts for other countries in future, although for now we are concentrating on the UK.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 8, 2013 7:04 PM GMT