Forum Message

ID Sequential automatic advance

Sometimes I make batch postings from one source sheet. The reference for this sheet is the default for that partiicular batch. For example Cash Sheet 23.

Is there any way of temporarily suspending the automatic increase in the ID numbers for each posting from this source sheet so that all the individual postings refer to that particular sheet number. At the moment I have to manually adjust the ID on each item posted. So first item posted gives ID "Cash Sheet 23"which is OK, next item gives" Cash Sheet 24" which I have to adjust to "23" and so on.

Not a critical problem but it would be nice if this facility was available.

Posted by Jack on May 9, 2013 11:00 AM BST

Hi Jack,

A solution is to click menu Setup > Transaction Defaults > Default Transaction ID, then change the Next Number on the Money Paid Out line to 1000000. When you want to start the automatic increase change the number back to what it was originally.

However, we recommend that you choose a unique ID for each transaction in Solar Accounts - this allows you to easily refer to individual transactions and will avoid problems if you try to import data from a CSV file. Instead, you could add "(Cash Sheet 23)" to the Journal Memo field of the payment.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 9, 2013 3:57 PM BST