Forum Message

Windows 10

Will solar accounts on line work with windows 10?

Posted by Ian Briggs on Aug 3, 2015 12:41 PM BST

Hi Ian,

Not yet - we are still working to ensure Solar Accounts runs smoothly with Windows 10. We hope to officially support Windows 10 in the next week or two.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 3, 2015 1:55 PM BST

I am quite concerned that no news has been posted as a warning that the program is not ready for Windows 10. How many clients are going to download 10 only to find problems with accounting system? By chance I looked on the forum just as I was about to purchase a new computer for the office This means that users of Solar cannot take advantage of this new system. I am very happy with the Solar and its support BUT it does show the down side of not using the established bloated overpriced accounting programs, ie just how long are we to wait for Solar to catch up. Beta 10 has been available. for many months so just what is the time scale?

Posted by Doug Pyburn on Aug 6, 2015 9:00 AM BST

Hi Doug,

We hope to support Windows 10 by August 15. I'll note your suggestion about having a warning on our download page. (Unfortunately we signed up to the Windows 10 Beta program too late so we had to wait until it was generally available to start testing this version).

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 6, 2015 4:13 PM BST

I have to say that I have been running Windows 10 since last week, and I have been using Solar on 5 different accounts and they are all working very well.

Posted by Peter Smith on Aug 9, 2015 6:11 PM BST

Sorry folks the new version of Solar Accounts which officially supports Windows 10 is taking a little longer than expected. It should be available tomorrow.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 17, 2015 10:47 AM BST

We've just released a new version of Solar Accounts which is compatible with Windows 10.

If you are running Solar Accounts Online then the software will be automatically updated.

If you are running the old offline version please upgrade by downloading and installing the new version here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=false

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 18, 2015 11:56 AM BST

Hi Mark,

I noticed a new version was released for the offline version of Solar with Windows 10 support.

When can we expect to get an update to support El Capitan please?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted by Mark MacPhee on Sep 12, 2015 8:31 AM BST

Hi Mark,

We hope to support El Capitan soon after the stable version is released by Apple. Sorry I cannot be more specific at this stage.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 13, 2015 5:03 PM BST