Forum Message

Recording cheque numbers

How do i record the cheque number when make a payment by cheque?

Posted by Clare Wilson on Jun 16, 2010 6:59 PM BST

Hi Clare,

There is no dedicated field for the cheque number - just add 'Cheque 12345' to the Journal Memo field.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 17, 2010 8:39 AM BST

Mark, I have noticed people asking about recording cheque numbers a few times. I think it would be a good enhancement for the future if you could simple do a cheque run, either by date or number.

Posted by Tom Beattie on Jun 17, 2010 6:49 PM BST

Hi Tom,

What is a cheque run? Do you mean you want the ability to print cheques from Solar Accounts?

Thanksq

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 18, 2010 10:33 AM BST

Sorry Mark to make it clearer.

So that you can print the list of cheques you have issued ie 125 to 185 then you would be able to see if there was a gap, say 165 is missing, from that you can check why.

The simple programme I used to use was quite handy in that you could print off the cheque numbers, that way I used to find what my wife had paid for but had not got a receipt or lost the receipt.

Believe it or not the first year I did her accounts there were over 40 cheques missing.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Tom

Posted by Tom Beattie on Jun 18, 2010 11:04 AM BST

Hi Tom,

If you go to the Transactions list and tick the Advanced Filter checkbox, you can then set the filter to show only transactions where the memo contains 'Cheque'. You would then get a list of cheque payments and could identify gaps in the number sequence. Does that do what you are after?

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 18, 2010 2:54 PM BST