How to Allocate a Credit Note to a SaleNote: To create a credit note, see How to Credit a Customer Account.
To allocate credit, select the credit note in the Invoices list (menu Setup > Invoices). Then click File > New > Allocate Selected Credit. The Allocate Credit window will appear:
Enter the details into the following fields:
- Customer: The name of the customer. This field is read-only.
- Date: The date you allocated the credit.
- Amount to Allocate: The amount of credit to allocate. This figure
may be less than the full credit note amount.
- ID: A unique number for this transaction.
- Journal Memo: A description of this transaction for your records.
- Type: This is the type of payment. This will always be 'Credit Allocation'.
- Apply to Invoice: Tick the invoice to apply the credit to. See
How To Create an Invoice
for more information on creating invoices.
- Total Amount Applied: This is the total of the 'Amount Applied'
column and must match the 'Amount To Allocate' field.
- Show paid invoices: Tick this box if you wish to allocate to a paid invoice.
Note that this will result in the invoice being overpaid.