How to Allocate a Credit Note to a PurchaseNote: To record a purchase credit note, see How to Record a Purchase Credit Note.
To allocate a purchase credit note, select it in the Purchase Invoices list (menu Setup > Purchase Invoices).
Then click File > New > Allocate Selected Credit:
Enter the details into the following fields:
- Supplier: The name of the supplier. This field is read-only.
- Date: The date you allocated the credit.
- Amount to Allocate: The amount of credit to allocate. This figure
may be less than the full credit note amount.
- ID: A unique number for this transaction.
- Journal Memo: A description of this transaction for your records.
- Type: This is the type of payment. This will always be 'Credit Allocation'.
- Apply to Invoice: Tick purchase the invoice to apply the credit to. See
How To Record a Bill or Purchase Invoice
for more information on recording a purchase invoice.
- Total Amount Applied: This is the total of the 'Amount Applied'
column and must match the 'Amount To Allocate' field.
- Show paid invoices: Tick this box if you wish to allocate to a paid invoice.
Note that this will result in the invoice being overpaid.