How to Pay a Customer RefundNote: Before issuing a refund, you must first create a credit note for the customer.
To record a refund payment to a customer, click File > New > Money Paid Out. The Money Paid Out window will appear:
Enter the details into the following fields:
- Paid To: Enter the customer name. Note that after you
enter a customer name (rather than a supplier name) the Type drop-down box
changes to 'Customer Refund'.
- Date: The date you paid the refund.
- Amount Paid: The amount of money you paid to your customer.
- Paid From Account: This is the account the money comes from.
Usually this is a bank account such as 'Cheque Account' or 'Mastercard'.
- ID: A unique number for this payment.
- Journal Memo: A description of this transaction for your records.
- Type: This is the type of payment. For a refund select 'Customer Refund'.
- Credits to Settle: Tick the credit note to settle. See
How To Credit a Customer Account
for more information on creating credit notes.
- Total Credit Amount Settled: This is the total of the 'This Payment'
column and must match the 'Amount Paid' field.