How to Record a Bank TransferNote: If you are transferring money to a supplier, record this as an expense instead.
To record a transfer between two business bank accounts, click menu File > New > General Transaction. The General Transaction window will appear:
Enter the details of your transaction into the following fields:
- Journal Memo: A description of the transaction for your records, e.g. 'Pay off Mastercard'.
- Date: The date you made the transfer.
- From Account: The bank account the money comes from.
- To Account: The bank account the money goes to.
- Amount: The amount of the transfer.
The new transaction will appear in the Transactions list (menu Window > Transactions).