How to Record a Cash WithdrawalNote: If you withdraw cash to make a purchase, you should record a payment instead.
To record a cash withdrawal from your bank, click menu File > New > General Transaction. The General Transaction window will appear:
Enter the details of your transaction into the following fields:
- Journal Memo: A description of the transaction for your records, e.g. 'Withdraw Cash'.
- Date: The date you made the withdrawal.
- From Account: This is the bank account the money comes from, usually 'Cheque Account'.
- To Account: The cash account receiving the deposit, usually 'Petty Cash'.
- Amount: The amount of the withdrawal.
The new transaction will appear in the Transactions list (menu Window > Transactions).