How to Record a Purchase Invoice PaymentTo record an invoice payment to a supplier, click File > New > Money Paid Out. The Money Paid Out window will appear:
Note: The Type will default to 'Invoice Payment' only if there are outstanding invoices with the supplier.
Enter the details into the following fields:
- Paid To: Enter the supplier name. If there are oustanding no
invoices with this supplier the payment Type will default to 'General Payment'
– see How to Record an Expense.
- Date: The date you made the payment.
- Amount Paid: The amount of money you paid to your supplier.
- Paid From Account: The account used you paid the supplier,
eg. 'Petty Cash' or 'Mastercard'.
- ID: A unique number for this payment.
- Journal Memo: A description of this transaction for your records.
- Type: This is the type of payment. If there are outstanding invoices with the supplier,
this will default to 'Invoice Payment'.
- Apply to Invoice: Tick the invoice to apply the payment to.
- Total Amount Applied: This is the total of the 'This Payment'
column and must match the 'Amount Paid' field.
- Show paid invoices: Tick this box if you wish to apply the payment to a paid invoice.
Note that this will result in the invoice being overpaid.