Forum Message

Bug in Money Out?

Hi, I seem to have a bug in Money Out - when I try to record a Money Out transaction, in the Paid To box, if I try to use the drop-down menu or even manually type in the recipient, I get an error message that I need to re-start, but even after doing this a few times I can't seem to avoid the error message. Any ideas?

Posted by Adam Robertson on Apr 29, 2009 10:28 AM BST

Hi Adam,

Yes that sounds like a bug in the payment window - thanks for reporting the error. We are currently looking into it and will give you a status update before 12 noon.

Thanks,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 29, 2009 10:47 AM BST

This bug occurs when the business is registered for Flat Rate VAT and the most recent payment to the supplier as VAT Treatment set to 'Out of Scope'.

The workaround is:
1. Open the last payment to the supplier and change the VAT Treatment to 'Purchase of Goods or Services from UK Supplier'.
2. Record the new payment
3. Change the payment you edited in step 1 back to 'Out of Scope'.

We will release a new version of Solar Accounts which fixes this problem. Hopefully this will be available tomorrow.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 29, 2009 11:56 AM BST

Hi Adam,

We've released a new version of Solar Accounts, which you can get here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php

Please let me know if it fixes the problem you had yesterday.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 30, 2009 10:32 AM BST

Hi Mark

Thanks for your message and apologies I couldn't get back to you more quickly - long day with a client! Your bug fix seems to have been successful - I've tried it a few times with some real and a few dummy transactions and all seems well.

Thanks very much for your amazingly speedy response!

Kind regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 30, 2009 10:59 PM BST

No problem - glad to hear it's working now!

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 1, 2009 10:02 AM BST