Forum Message

Adding external files to an account or invoice

Is it possible or planned to be able to attach a file like a .jpg or bmp file to an invoice record?

I have with some clients to include a site timesheet signed which I scan and email with the invoice when requesting payment. It would be great if you could add the file to the invoice record. It would help with record keeping etc.

Thanks

Posted by Andy Kerr on Feb 1, 2011 11:28 PM GMT

Hi Andy,

We'll note your suggestion about attaching an image to the transaction, but we cannot make promises about future development of Solar Accounts. One work-around is to save the file as, say, 123.jpg then add 'Image 123' to the Journal Memo of the transaction.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 2, 2011 12:09 PM GMT

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, Im one week into checking out accounting software and I have to say that Im down two options at the moment which is of course Solar and instant admin, however I do prefer the feel and interface of solar and hope that whilst testing it does everything I would hope for.

The work around suggestion does help as a staging point. so thanks for the info

Many thanks for developing a Mac version as I don't want to use windows.

Andy

Posted by Andy Kerr on Feb 2, 2011 6:28 PM GMT

I I too would like this feature

Posted by James Kelly on Feb 15, 2011 1:56 PM GMT

I would also like this feature.
Would make things a lot easier for petty cash receipts, etc.

Even a simple solution like setting a path name in the setup
& then matching a file name to a record that can open the document
in an external program/viewer.

Posted by Aaron on Feb 20, 2011 8:43 PM GMT

I must admit that this is the biggest "I Want" from this fantastic software. If you want to run a near 'paperless office' it would be ideal if I could link related docs ie a scan of a supplier invoice to the Solar PI file for that supplier (would drag and drop or a direct scan to file be too much to ask for (I would pay at least 5p more for it!) So many of us now scan our incoming invoices as a matter of course - and what better place to store it!

Posted by Steve Birch on Sep 1, 2011 10:38 PM BST

Hi, Would it be useful to make the journal field to accept file locations and HTML fields.
This way, if we but a file locations, eg c:\invoices\inv123.jpg we could then in turn clcik on the link and would fire up the attachment.
or

have the purchase invoice to scan a directory which oyu can setup in the settings, and any file which is names
INV123.pdf
PUR123.pdf

would automatically show on the invoice read to view.

Cheers
Karl

Posted by Karl Beardmore on Sep 8, 2011 11:20 AM BST

Hi Karl,

That's a useful suggestion - thanks. We'll note it as an option when developing this feature.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 8, 2011 1:25 PM BST

This would be helpful for me too - I'd like to be able to include a standard set of terms & conditions with an invoice.

Posted by James Cort on Feb 16, 2013 4:13 PM GMT