Forum Message

Emailing via Outlook not Mac Mail

I have changed the email client preference in Mac Mail to 'Outlook' but when I try to email anything directly from Solar Accounts it always opens Mac Mail.

Please could you advise how I get it to mail via Outlook as default, cannot find anything on internet about it.

Thanks

Posted by Janis Harbour on Mar 26, 2011 1:39 PM GMT

Hi Janis,

Unfortunately Solar Accounts for Mac only integrates with Mail. You will need to export the invoice to a PDF file and use Outlook to attach the PDF to a new message.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 26, 2011 1:42 PM GMT

Is this something you are planning to change, as I use Outlook for the mac.

Regards
Ed

Posted by Ed Moss on Apr 11, 2011 12:22 PM BST

Hi Ed,

I'll note this as a feature request in our development system. However, we cannot make promises about future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 11, 2011 3:11 PM BST

I'd be interested in this feature too. Love Solar Accounts but use Outlook for MAC

Posted by Ibs Ansari on May 28, 2011 2:39 PM BST

This is an annoying problem. Most business prefer to use Outlook for calendars and mail contacts. 'Mail' hasn't the same facilities. I would hope you will endeavour to try and include this feature in a future upgrade!

Posted by F. Patton on Aug 22, 2011 5:50 PM BST

Hi, I also use outlook rather than Mac mail and this would be a real bonus if I were able to set outlook as my email client.

Posted by Simon Harris on Sep 20, 2011 4:36 PM BST

I just found this tread after emailing about the same issue. I have been looking for a good accounts package & think I have found one in Solar, but this is a big bugbear for me too. I know the work round is simple enough, but it does create extra work & a lot of unneeded files (yeah we can delete them once done), but I do think integration to Outlook would be a real boost for a lot of users that don't like Mac mail.

That is the only thing that is making me think of sticking with the package I use now as I just hit email & it autofills attaches & it's gone..... :-)

Posted by Simon Marshall on Oct 11, 2011 1:51 PM BST

HI there....another one who'd like Outlook added :)

Posted by Alex Russell on Nov 21, 2011 10:41 PM GMT

ive just purchased solar account as i have been previously having to save as pdf and attach. Im annoyed that im still going to have to do this when most business users run Outlook and not standard mac mail.

Posted by Marc Davidson on Dec 20, 2011 4:17 PM GMT

Hi All,

The latest version of Solar Accounts is now compatible with Outlook 2011 for Mac. You can upgrade Solar Accounts here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

To set Microsoft Outlook as the email program used by Solar Accounts, run Mac Mail then click menu Mail > Preferences. Select the General tab and set the Default Email Reader field to 'Microsoft Outlook.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 28, 2012 2:37 PM BST

That's great, but is it possible to add other Email Clients to the software at all?

I use Mail for personal and Thunderbird for Business so would like to use this ideally, as i'm not a huge fan of Outlook?

Posted by Mark MacPhee on Apr 6, 2012 10:00 AM BST

Hi Mark,

No, Thunderbird is not supported by Solar Accounts - I'll note that as a feature request in our development system.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 7, 2012 8:57 AM BST