Forum Message

Customer Name and Address Filters

Hi Mark,
I am on trialling Solar Accounts and I am very impressed with it so far but:

I know you cannot fit the software around everyone’s needs but I was wondering if you could maybe consider the following:

Adding Customer Filters:

I work away from home a lot and have to visit quite a few of my customers in different counties and Towns etc. So the need for a customer (Name Contains: ) and (Address Contains:) filters are a must in the software I choose. Giving me the option to list all customers in a certain Town,County etc.

I have a work around for this in Solar Accounts but it means me:

1: Using Invoices for every customer even though I get paid on completion of services
2: Entering Name and full Address in the customer name field on Customer form then re entering it again in the address bill to field.
3: Deleting extra info on the invoice ship to field in case I print off and send the invoice. Then change invoice template bill to details to ship to variable.

I can then filter on the invoice (memo Contains) filter.

Would be a great if the customer window had similar filters.

Please Pretty Please.

Posted by Harry on May 6, 2011 3:59 PM BST

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your feedback - I'll note your suggestion about a customer filter as a feature request in our system. One workaround would be to export the customer to a CSV file (click menu File > Export To > Comma Separated CSV File) then use Microsoft Excel to search for the name or address.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 6, 2011 4:04 PM BST

Boy that was quick,

Nice to see you looking after your customers.

Thanks alot Mark for the advice and hopefully "Customer Filters" LOL.

Posted by Harry on May 6, 2011 4:44 PM BST