Forum Message

Failed to launch email application

We having been having problems lately when trying to send invoices by email. It used to work fine with Outlook Express, then it stopped working. I then switched to Thunderbird to see if that would help and it did. Then that stopped too. So now I am using Essential PIM as the mail client and it works sort of. When I select and invoice and click the email button I get the usuall dialogue box (Solar will now launch email client etc) but then up will pop an error box "Email error - failed to launch email application"
But actuallt it has launched Epim, and formatted the message and attached the file - it just has not filled in the email address.
Solar 3.4 and Windows XP 32 bit home premium.
Anyone else seen errors like this?
Thanks

Posted by James Loudon on Jul 2, 2011 1:56 PM BST

Hi, just tried to use this feature and have the same problem. Sort of worked once or twice then packed up completely.
Email app is Windows Live Mail on Win7 64bit.
If the email app is running I get an error in that app "A problem has occurred trying to open this message, please try again"
When I OK that error I get an error in Solar "Failed to launch email application. As an alternative...."
If the email app is not running I just get the Solar error message

Posted by Kevin Thornicroft on Mar 9, 2013 11:02 AM GMT

I get the same problem. Have tried switching default email clients in Windows 10 but no luck so far. I have to export to PDF then send it that way.

Posted by Mario on Nov 4, 2017 8:47 AM GMT