Forum Message

Programming error

Help has anyone ever had this problem, I am trying to get into my accounts and a message keeps popping up telling me a programming error has occurred and I must close and reopen solar accounts I have done this numerous times on my laptop also my back up copy and it still won't let me in just keeps sending me the same message and asking me to submit the error to solar accounts which I have also done but I need to get into my accounts urgently so hoping someone on here may know the answer.

Posted by Brenda Last on Aug 5, 2011 12:53 PM BST

Hi Brenda,

Based on the diagnostic file you sent us, it seems that there is a bug in Solar Accounts which means that your file was not saved correctly. We are confident that we can recover your data, but this will take some time as it requires some technical analysis on our part. We estimate that we will be able to provide you with the recovered data some time tomorrow. I realise that it is frustrating to be unable to access your business accounts - please understand that this is a very high priority for us and I will be in touch as soon as we have made progress on this issue.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 5, 2011 2:38 PM BST

Hi Brenda,

Luckily it has taken less time than we expected to track down this problem. Solar Accounts allows you to delete an account even if it is being used on an invoice line with a zero price - this causes all sorts of problems and should not be permitted. We will fix this bug in the next release of Solar Accounts

We have recovered your data - see the attached file.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 5, 2011 5:00 PM BST

YES YES YES it worked thank you I need a BIG glass of wine now and can stop worrying that I have lost all my accounts. Once again thank you. I think your back up service is second to none every time I have had a problem or just wanted to ask you something I have been amazed how quick you have got back to me.

I recommend you to everyone needing accounts systems as it is so easy to use.

Posted by Brenda Last on Aug 5, 2011 6:08 PM BST

Hi Brenda,

That's great to hear - now I can relax too!

It's nice to know you still recommend our software to others, despite this hiccup.

All the best,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 6, 2011 11:01 AM BST