Forum Message

Duplicate an invoice template to another file

I have two companies and in Solar Accounts I have a file for each one.

So in "Company A" I spent hours making the Invoice template perfect using the Page Template builder and I'm really happy with it.

What I'd like to do is for the invoice template in "Company B" to have the exact same template (but change the logo).

Is it possible to do this? Is there some sort of config/XML/data file I can copy from the files in Company A to Company B?

Many thanks, and well done for creating such a brilliant accounts package for the Mac.

Posted by Ben Keogh on Aug 18, 2011 7:14 PM BST

Hi Ben,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts does not provide a way to copy your invoice template from one Solar Accounts data file to another.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 19, 2011 10:12 AM BST

Hi Mark,

Has there been an update on this or a plan to do so?

I have the same dilema. I run three companies through Solar Accounts and spent a while setting up the invoice and other templates.

Kind regards,

Ibs

Posted by Ibs Ansari on Nov 27, 2011 4:48 PM GMT

Hi Ibs,

Sorry no, we haven't improved this area - you will need to set up the invoice template again, or copy your data file before you start entering transactions. We don't have plans to tackle this problem in the near future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 28, 2011 7:57 AM GMT

This is a clumsy way perhaps, but may help. Simply do a screen shot of the open template, which can then be pasted into an editing software and printed off if desired - the layout and field names are there to see and to guide.

Text can be copied and pasted into Solar templates' text boxes.

Posted by Peter on Oct 2, 2012 3:46 PM BST