Forum Message

Help Needed - New to Solar Accounts

Hi There,

I’m new to Solar and have downloaded the trial version. I currently use sage instant accounts and I’m now thinking of moving to Solar. So far I like what I see and it would be a much cheaper option than sage. I use sage for my accounts and for one my clients. So I have to have two different versions installed.

My client is also going to start another company which means he will need to have accounts for two companies, and that means upgrading to a much more expensive version of sage. I found about Solar and love the idea that I can have multiple companies.

My Dilemma

My new financial year started 1st July and I only have transactions for July in sage. Before my year end there were two invoices that were raised at the end of June, which were paid the beginning of July:

Client 1 - £369.30 (June Sales)
Client 2 - £1198.96 (June Sales)

As these amounts were outstanding, I naturally assumed I needed to include them as an opening balance for the two clients. So that when I Received a Payment, I could allocate to the payments to the amounts outstanding.

All good…and everything balanced. However when I ran the P&L for July in Solar and compared it to the P&L in sage, there was a difference in the sales by the amount of the 2 invoices.

Is there anyway I can move those amounts to another area of the accounts so that my correct July sales figures appear in the P&L?

Any help or explanation to what I did wrong would be appreciated.

Posted by Sharon Dixon on Aug 26, 2011 7:35 PM BST

Hi Sharon,

It sounds like the two 'opening balance' invoices are dated in July. Edit them to change the date to June then refresh the Profit and Loss report. Does that resolve the problem?

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 27, 2011 10:56 AM BST