Forum Message

Default date

Am copying Alan's query from March 2010 - any developments on this?

Having to change the date for each transaction when posting by batches is really a pain.

================================================================

It would be very helpful if the date did not default to todays date for each transaction. When entering invoices or payments, it would very convenient if the date would be held over to the next transaction so that a batch of invoices or payments could be entered without having to keep changing the date field.

Also, it would be convenient if before 'accepting' a transaction, you could click a button that would then give you the same transaction type (invoice or payment) with the same date pre-set.
Alan Rick - March 26th, 2010 9:48pm GMT
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll record that as a feature request in our system.

Cheers,
Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) - March 27th, 2010 12:52pm GMT

Posted by Jack on Sep 26, 2011 12:32 PM BST

Hi Jack,

I understand that it is time-consuming to have to change the date each time you enter a transaction, but I'm afraid we have not make any changes to the default date behaviour in Solar Accounts since Alan's comment.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 26, 2011 1:32 PM BST

I have also asked that the date be easily changed using up/down arrows or plus/minus key. Any news on this? When entering the weeks takings it would be really helpful to be able to easily change the date rather than type a new one in.

I know sounds very simple but anything that eases the task of entering data has got to be a good thing.

Posted by Tony Little on Oct 23, 2011 3:23 PM BST

Hi Tony,

I've recorded your vote for this feature - I can see that it would be useful, but I'm afraid we cannot make promises about future development. We'll email you if it becomes available.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 23, 2011 3:37 PM BST

Can I add my vote for this too? Am trialling the software and this is the one thing I find really irritating (which is a lot better than most accounts packages which have a lot of really irritating things in them!)

As a Sole Trader I tend to block enter transactions when I get the time to (indeed to try your software out I entered all of last months transactions in at one time and this wasn't the best introduction to Solar Accounts)

Posted by Douglas Kurn on Nov 9, 2011 11:44 AM GMT

Folks,

The latest version of Solar Accounts includes a couple of improvements:
1. You to adjust the date by pressing the up/down arrow keys, or page-up/page-down keys.

2. You can set the default date to be the most-recently-entered date by clicking menu Setup > Transaction Defaults > Default Date

You can upgrade here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 29, 2011 1:35 PM GMT