Forum Message

Bank reconciliation reports

I'm testing the trial of your system, along with some others and, so far I'm quite impressed. However, I've only entered 1 months' worth of transactions and have just reconciled my bank account. Reading your forums, I'm not sure what is going to happen here next month? I am used to reconciled items clearing and I gather that this will not be the case - this, in itself is not a problem. but what happen next month when I want to print a report? Will I get a duplication of this months' transactions and will they continue to roll-up throughout the year, (or forever), or will I just get a print of the current month transactions? Is there a field where I can set date ranges for current month?

As this could be a deal-breaker, I'm hoping that you have a solution to this issue

Posted by Jane Rix on Oct 28, 2011 6:16 PM BST

Hi Jane,

Reconciled transactions are always shown in the Bank Reconciliation window - I'm afraid there is no way to set a date range to view.

See this page for details of how to prevent printing unneeded pages:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/forum/topic.php?TopicId=1303&Posts=1

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 28, 2011 6:34 PM BST

Hi Mark,
I can probably screen grab and print just what I need, but I am surprised that reconciled items aren't hidden or at least locked. Are they still visible in a new financial year or will I just get a maximum of 1 year?

Posted by Jan rix on Oct 28, 2011 6:42 PM BST

Hi Jan,

The reconciled transactions are always visible, even if you start a new financial year.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 28, 2011 6:47 PM BST