Forum Message

A couple of ideas for next release

Hi, not sure how you want to record ideas but here goes.

As I have to record VAT and Non Vat along with Cash and Card, you suggested that I record income in total VAT and Non VAT as Cash to be Banked, then make a General Transaction from Cash to be Banked to Cheque Account for the Card Payments. Can you add the possibility of merging the two functions thus reducing the amount of keying in.

I mentioned some time ago that Quicken (used for personal finance) allows the date to be changed with the + and - keys, so if you are keying in a weeks income all you need to do is to hit the - key a few times to go back to date required, easy. If this is not easy to program, how about only highlighting the day portion of the date when tabbing in to the Date field.

Great s/w anyway, thanks

Posted by Tony Little on Nov 20, 2011 3:37 PM GMT

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your feedback - I'll note your suggestions as options for future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 21, 2011 8:34 AM GMT

The latest version of Solar Accounts includes a couple of improvements:
1. You can adjust the date by pressing the up/down arrow keys, or page-up/page-down keys.

2. You can set the default date to be the most-recently-entered date by clicking menu Setup > Transaction Defaults > Default Date

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 29, 2011 1:47 PM GMT