Forum Message

Not updating price

Hi, I want to ask why CIS deduction @20% does not updating price event if in options: update price when selecting description ticked. Another question is about Subtotal between lines. Do you think you will introduce it in future? Because in these days any program should be able to calculate sums between different items. Can you imagine if I have 20 items of labour from which I have to deduct 20% and ten lines of materials. I have to add all 20 lines of labour using calculator to calculate CIS deduction. Not Good :(

Posted by Andrius on Dec 7, 2011 4:59 PM GMT

Hi Andrius,

For most items in the description drop-list, Solar Accounts can populate the price field based on the price on a previous invoice. However, for the CIS deduction line the price cannot simply come from a previous invoice because the total labour cost of the previous invoice may be different to the current invoice (and therefore the 20% deduction amount is different). Solar Accounts also cannot calculate the deduction amount because it does not know the total labour cost of the invoice.

I'll note your suggestion about subtotal lines but I'm afraid we cannot make promises about future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 7, 2011 5:07 PM GMT

Thanks for fast respond. Actually I am after CIS deduction to update account and VAT fields. It would make easier then entering same information again and again.

Posted by Andrius on Dec 7, 2011 5:13 PM GMT

Hi Andrius,

OK I'll note your suggestion about updating the account and VAT fields.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 8, 2011 11:12 AM GMT