Forum Message

Report or Export by VAT Treatment ID

Hello there,

I am preparing my companies Annual Accounts.

I made sales to UK, EU and non-EU markets, which I need to disclose within my Turnover Note as a percentage of Turnover for each Market, as required by FRSSE (2008) Part B s3.4.

I know Solar Accounts has been recording this information, via the VAT Treatment ID I have assigned to each Sales transaction. I would therefore like to know if there is some way to extract or produce a report of Sales by VAT Treatment ID.

All UK companies must make this disclosure, so it would be incredibly helpful to understand how Solar Accounts could take the pain out of it.

Kind regards

Posted by Angel K on Apr 1, 2012 10:34 AM BST

Hi Angel K,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts is not designed to show sales by VAT Treatment ID. The closest thing would be to export your transactions to a CSV file, then open the file in Microsoft Excel and use the filter feature in Excel to filter by the VAT Treatment ID column. See the bottom of this page for details of what each ID represents:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-import-data-from-csv-file.php

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 1, 2012 3:09 PM BST

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply.

I am happy to use an "Export and Filter" method in Excel, but I cannot find a way to export Sales Transactions with the "VAT Treatment ID" attached. Can you please explain how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Angel K on Apr 1, 2012 6:55 PM BST

Don't know if this would help, but you could create different income accounts for your sales, i.e. separate accounts for domestic (UK), EU and non-EU sales income. That would make working out the percentages trivial.

It would mean retrospectively altering your invoices to allocate each sale to the appropriate account, of course. Whether it's worth doing that depends on how many invoices you have, I suppose.

David.

Posted by David McCann on Apr 2, 2012 8:29 AM BST

Hi Angel K,

Click menu File > Export To > Comma Separated CSV File, then tick only 'Invoices, Quotes and Credit Notes'.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 2, 2012 8:30 AM BST