Forum Message

Vat returns

I am trialing this product and trying to put my VAT return out however, the total sales that is produced in the VAT return is not the same as the total sales for the period I have checked that I have inserted the dats correctly and it just does not add up the Purchases are wrong as well HELP!! Also I have added new accounts but would like to put them as sub accounts of ones that are already in the package ie I would like to sub cat motor expenses into fuel; road tax etc but the system jsut seems to put in a total new package. I previously used Quicken and you could tell it where you wanted a sub category.

Posted by Alison Salmon on Jan 23, 2009 12:29 PM GMT

Hi Alison,

Sorry to see you are having trouble! To see how Solar Accounts is calculating your VAT return, click menu item Window > Reports, then select 'VAT Return Detail'. You can change the VAT period by clicking menu Edit > Configure Report.

By default the 'Motor Expenses' account cannot have sub-categories. To change this, delete the existing Motor Expenses account. Then click menu File > New > Account Group (this must be a group account, not a regular account). Enter 'Motor Expenses' as the name and click OK.

To create a Fuel account, click menu File > New > Account (not a group account). Enter the name as 'Fuel' and change Group Under field to 'Motor Expenses'.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 23, 2009 2:05 PM GMT