Forum Message

User Activity - Delete

I've noticed this feature in the new Features in February 2010.

Does this delete EVERYTHING on that file leaving a blank file.? If this is the case would it not be just as handy to start a new file??

Would it be possible on closing off a year and starting a new one to set up an "archive file" for last years postings but leaving relevant information such as Supplier/Customer details, Balances brought forward in Asset & Liability accounts, unpaid invoices (Creditors & Debtors), etc. on the "working" or "current" file. This would reduce the size and increase the speed of that file considerably.

Posted by Jack on May 30, 2012 3:46 PM BST

Hi Jack,

No, it only delete the entries from the User Activity list. You can create a new file if you feel your current file is too large or too slow, but in most cases the difference in speed will not be noticeable.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 30, 2012 4:27 PM BST

Hi Mark,

Whats the User Activity history report for?
If I delete the entries on this to free up space will this delete or effect anything else?
Many thanks,

Posted by Jack on Aug 3, 2012 12:09 PM BST

Hi Jack,

The User Activity shows what changes all users have made to the business. For example, "What happened to invoice 37?....Ah, it was deleted by my colleague Jane last Friday!". That sort of thing. If you delete the User Activity items then you will no longer be able to undo previous actions, but it will not affect any balances or reports.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 3, 2012 12:25 PM BST