Forum Message

Remove "smtp" When Sending An Email

Is there anyway of getting Solar not to put smtp in front of an email address when sending?

I usually create an invoice on Solar and then go into Transactions for that client, find the invoice, right click then select Email. It then sets up an email with the invoice attached as a PDF and the email address.

The only issue is that it formats the address at smtp:name@domainname.co.uk which means if I do an A-Z filter I have to check Name and smtpName.

Great accounts package by the way - just wished I'd found it years ago!

Posted by Richard on Jul 18, 2012 12:58 PM BST

Okay Sods Law - just had an idea after posting the question :o)

I've reformatted the email address as follows instead of just adding the address and it seems to have dropped the smtp bit.

Name (name@domainname.co.uk)

Seems to be working okay.

Posted by Richard on Jul 18, 2012 1:07 PM BST

Hi,

Thanks for the suggesting but either I didn't follow you right or it doesn't work.

Any suggestions from the official support? I'm using Outlook 2013 preview.

Posted by Paul Reynolds on Sep 21, 2012 11:08 AM BST

Hi Paul,

I have just tried this myself and it seems that Solar Accounts is not available with the preview version of Outlook 2013. We hope to add support for Outlook 2013 after the stable version is released. As it stands you will need to export the invoice to a PDF file then attach it to an email message using Outlook.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 21, 2012 5:11 PM BST

I am using SA 3.71, Windows Vista & Outlook 2010

Sending the email works, however, I get the "SMTP" at the beginning of the email address, how is this removed?

I tried changing the format as per the suggestion in a previous post, in the customer details, this did not work for me

Does it need changing elsewhere?

Cheers

Posted by Alan S on Oct 7, 2012 2:03 PM BST

Hi Alan,

After some investigation we have determined that you cannot remove the smtp prefix at the front of the email address in Outlook. This is due to a limitation in the interface between it and Solar Accounts. Note that the recipient will not see the 'smtp' prefix.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 9, 2012 4:48 PM BST

Seems to have sorted it self out with Win 8 and Outlook 2013 (Preview)

Posted by Alan on Nov 26, 2012 7:59 PM GMT