Forum Message

Support for importing bank statements

I'm looking for book-keeping software, and one of the main things I would like is to import bank statements (Natwest).

Does Solar Accounts support this?

Posted by Doug Satchwell on Nov 19, 2012 3:21 PM GMT

Hi Doug,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts doesn't allow you to import your bank statement that you have downloaded from your bank's website. You would need to enter these transactions manually

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 19, 2012 4:40 PM GMT

But is this something you would consider doing in order to aid reconcilliation? We could then just check them off instead of having to go backwards and forwards with paper or excel.
Love the software but reconcilliation could definitely be improved with this.
Anyone else agree?

Posted by Nick Mead on Dec 3, 2012 6:41 PM GMT

Hi Nick,

We certainly agree! We hope to add the ability to import bank statements in future. I'll record your email address to be notified in case we add this feature.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 4, 2012 8:29 AM GMT

Hi. I like what is thre but importing would be useful. What I woulod find extremely useful is a method of using a digital highlighter "pen" to highlight entries which I am currently checking out (not the same as ticking the reconciliation check box) just as a visal. What I do at the moment is print out the reconciliation sheets and do this manually. The a method to "clear all highlights". In incidntally this would be a very useful feature on many areas within the system. Also a facility for filtering either by date, account or text would really help - again in many areas. Whilst talking of filterng any chance you could move the "Advanced Filter" checkboxes over to the left ? I know it sounds really petty but using a touchpad to scroll the mouse over is really irritating each time.

Otherwise still a brilliant product and ice to have the enhancements.

Thanks

Posted by Sarah Hillman on Jan 3, 2013 8:17 PM GMT

Hi,

Please can you advise if this facility will be available anytime soon? This is one of my biggest time wasters in doing my bank reconciliations.

Thanks

Posted by Brian Wright on Jun 8, 2015 8:07 PM BST

Hi Brian,

Sorry no, we cannot make promises about future development of Solar Accounts. However, I will record your email address to be notified in case we add this feature in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 9, 2015 8:23 AM BST