Forum Message

Recincile Bank Statement

A improvement for future updates would be to have the suppliers name shown as well as the ID.

Posted by Tom Beattie on Dec 10, 2012 11:14 AM GMT

Hi Tom,

By default the Memo field contains the supplier's name, so for most transactions a Name column would be redundant.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 10, 2012 4:49 PM GMT

Thanks for that Mark, I had been putting details in such as cheque numbers and not leaving the supplier details. Will change in future.

After completing a reconcile I have found a couple of invoices outside the 12 month period of the vat return that you can complete with Solar. Will it be ok to enter the payment date prior to the invoice date as I was looking at entering them into our accounts as the 1/01/2012 and making a note on the invoice of the dates entered and paid.

Posted by Tom Beattie on Jan 3, 2013 10:59 AM GMT

Hi Tom,

Solar Accounts will allow you to enter an invoice payment dated before the invoice, but I don't really understand why you want to do this. Generally the invoice date should be the day you supplied the goods or services, and the payment date should be the day you received the money from your customer. Are you trying to simplify the procedure for calculating your VAT return figures? If so, how is that achieved by having a payment dated before the invoice?

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 3, 2013 2:31 PM GMT