Forum Message

Customize layout of invoices for pre-printed stationery

Hi,
I am using Sage and have for a very long time, but I feel that its trying to do too much and is getting too complicated to navigate. I would like to switch to Solar but the only thing stopping me and a few other book-keepers is the option to customise the layout of invoices to accomodate personalized pre-printed stationery. Could you please advise if this is an option or if you could supply a template to meet our needs. I really hope this is possible.
Regards
Carol

Posted by Carol Ogden on Jul 22, 2008 3:37 PM BST

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Unfortunately the invoices in Solar Accounts cannot be customised for pre-printed stationery, although we may look at adding this feature in future.

Where do you buy your pre-printed stationery? Is there a standard layout that Sage uses?

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 22, 2008 6:14 PM BST

Sage have standard coloured stationery for invoices, credits, statements & remittances etc, which accommodate all their report/invoice layouts within the software package. They also have an option to have the stationery customised by their printers, so too, other stationers will sell similar paper.

But the best thing about sage is the report designer. This allows you to place information more or less anywhere on the page with options for extra info to be added.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Carol

Posted by Carol Ogden on Jul 22, 2008 9:50 PM BST

Thanks for the information. I think an option to print to Sage pre-printed invoice forms is something we will seriously consider for future development. The 'report designer' is useful but lower priority since it requires much more development effort.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 23, 2008 8:45 AM BST

I understand, I still may try out your programme as I think it

Posted by Carol Ogden on Jul 23, 2008 7:59 PM BST