Forum Message

Account Activity and Reports Incorrect

On virtually all my sales invoices, I have a credit line which I create by having a minus price. These are charges that my customers make. So, for example I could have an invoice for say £5000 goods, and a credit line of say £100. So the invoice total is £4900.

It would be the same if we had an invoice which had a return or cancellation of something previously supplied on it. I assume that would come up with the same problem.

But in the P&L report it will show £5000 instead of the real invoice total. But if you click on the line in the report, you will get the correct invoice for £4900.

The payment side of things, and account activity seem to work correctly and show the correct amount of £4900, as does the invoice list.

Posted by Clive Taylor on Mar 20, 2013 7:34 AM GMT

Just to expand, the Account Activity of ledger accounts is incorrect and will show £5000.

But if you Show Related Transactions for the customer, you will get the correct figure of £4900.

Posted by Clive Taylor on Mar 20, 2013 7:42 AM GMT

Hi Clive,

Please open the invoice and look at the line with the negative price - what is the value of the Account field?

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 20, 2013 8:55 AM GMT

Hi Mark

The account on the negative line is an Expense.

Now you've asked me that, I think I understand. I'm looking in the wrong place. The P&L is correct because only the income lines are being shown in the income section and the other line appears in the Expense section.

Or in other words, when you look at Account Activity it doesn't show the invoice totals, it only shows the amount on the invoice that relates to wherever it is you have drilled down from.

Many thanks.

Posted by Clive Taylor on Mar 20, 2013 10:43 AM GMT

Hi Clive,

That's correct - in this case the Account Activity list will only show the part of transactions which have been allocated to 'Sales Income'.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 20, 2013 11:26 AM GMT