Forum Message

VAT treatment on New Invoice

Did an older version of Solar not show the VAT treatment on the face of the entry screen for Purchase Invoices.?

Now one has to open 'More Options' drop down box to see the VAT treatment.

I recently found that I had to revise a number of invoices when I discovered that I had used the wrong VAT treatment (i.e. EC imports were erroneously recorded as UK purchases). This happened because the VAT treatment was "hidden" in the 'More Options' box.

Posted by Jack on Jun 11, 2013 4:45 PM BST

We moved the location of the VAT Treatment field so that novice users would not be overwhelmed by too many fields when they first see the invoice window. I'll note your preference for moving it back to the main window.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 11, 2013 6:15 PM BST

Mark,

Perhaps giving the user the option of deciding where the VAT treatment is shown using "Setup" might cover all eventualities.

Regards,

Posted by Jack on Jun 12, 2013 10:16 AM BST

Hi Mark,

I agree with other post on here that having the 'vat treatment on new invoice' hidden from view now is a step in the wrong direction.
I find myself having to check this with every invoice I enter now just to be sure.
I also think that new users may not be aware of this function and will end up making incorrect vat returns.
There, that's my moan over.
All other aspects of Solar I think are fantastic and always recommend it to others.

Posted by Marilyn Mauran MM Bookkeeping on Jun 22, 2013 12:27 PM BST