Forum Message

Feature Requests

Hi Mark,
I love Solar Accounts but there are a couple of minor features I'd really like to see added:

1. When opening the transaction list it would be nice to have the same filter as when the file was last opened, not the default of seeing all transactions starting from when the company was founded
    2. When issuing new invoices, would it be possible to remember the VAT treatment on a per-customer basis? I have customers both in the EU and UK, and they have different VAT needs. It would help avoid errors.

Cheers,
David.

Posted by David McCAnn. on Jul 9, 2013 1:04 PM BST

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback. Those are good suggestions - I've noted them as feature requests in our development system.

PS: Glad to hear you like our software!

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 9, 2013 5:37 PM BST

That would be a big advantage, I'm sure lots of us have made the same mistake of applying the wrong Vat treatment. Could it be in the set-up fields for both customers and suppliers so that you can set the Vat treatment and have the option to change if you purchase some items such as books that need the vat treatment changed.

Posted by Tom Beattie on Jul 14, 2013 11:10 AM BST

Hi Tom,

Lots of people will not notice a 'default VAT Treatment' field in the customer window - my preference is for Solar Accounts to look at the previous VAT Treatment for that customer and use it as the default for on new invoices for that customer.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 14, 2013 2:43 PM BST

Thanks for the reply Mark, I have found that this is not always the case, it may be that in the latest update that this happens but previously I have found particularly with EU imports that the treatment field sometimes altered to the UK. With the treatment field being hidden it is something that I feel you always need to check, Would it be possible to have the treatment field in your eye vision like it used to be.

Posted by Tom Beattie on Jul 14, 2013 5:29 PM BST

Hi Tom,

You are correct - the functionality I mentioned about using the previous VAT Treatment on invoices is not in Solar Accounts - it's on the to-do list.

In order to simplify things for novice users we are trying to reduce the complexity of the main Invoice window, so we prefer having the VAT Treatment under 'More Options'. To reduce the chance of errors we hope to add two features in future: 1) Allow the user to add a 'VAT Treatment' column to the invoice list; 2) Use the previous VAT Treatment as the default for that customer. I'll record your email to be notified when either of these are added.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 15, 2013 10:30 AM BST