Forum Message

Problem - Description Column in Customer Statement is More Informative - Why?

We would all agree that invoices should describe all details for goods sold, why do you need it on a statement. Now I will have to send out 3-4 pages instead of just one as before. Can you send me a link for the previous version or tell me how to change it. I have never had a statement from any company that gives much more than the date, order numbers, etc., but never a description.

The customer statement now shows the customer purchase order and the description for each invoice (instead of the memo field). WHY - this is on the invoice.

Posted by Kp on Sep 1, 2013 11:41 AM BST

Hi KP,

We feel that some customers would like to know what they purchased without them having to dig out the original invoice.

It sounds like you want each invoice to take up no more than one line in the customer statement, instead of spanning up to 3 lines. I'll record this as a feature request in our system.

Unfortunately you cannot change the way the statement is printed in the current version of Solar Accounts. If you want to re-install the previous version, here are the installation files:
Windows: http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/Setup-SolarAccounts-3.7.8-DAC.exe
Mac: http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/Setup-SolarAccounts.3.7.8-DAC.pkg
If you re-install the previous version you will need to delete your existing Solar Accounts data file and replace it with the backup file that was created by Solar Accounts when you upgraded to version 3.8.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 2, 2013 9:00 AM BST

Hi All

I agree, far too much info in description. The journal memo was perfect.

Mark

Posted by Mark Greenland on Sep 10, 2013 1:01 PM BST

I totally agree, especially as some of our invoices to clients (we sell office supplies) are pages long and the statement only shows the first product anyway - seems bizarre to me!

The Customer Ref is a great idea, as they can marry the value and P.O. number easily, but come on the description - is that really necessary?

Posted by Mark Bartley on Sep 11, 2013 2:20 PM BST

Folks,

In the latest version of Solar Accounts the customer statement now only shows one line per invoice (not up to 3).

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 18, 2013 9:25 AM BST

Due to user feedback we have removed the invoice description text from the customer statement.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 23, 2013 10:33 AM BST