Forum Message

Solar Accounts for Accountants

Good afternoon Mark

I am a bookkeeper and am interested in using your product for a client with several businesses. However, their accountant does not have Solar. I noticed on a previous post that you stated that you could provide accountants with a free licence. Is this still the case?

Ideally I would like my client to just create their invoices in Solar and then send them to me as a .csv file sso that I can do everything else. Presumably they would have to buy their own copy of Solar to do this?

Regards

Heather

Posted by Heather Wilsher on Sep 19, 2013 4:23 PM BST

Hi Heather,

Sorry no, we no longer offer a free copy of Solar Accounts to accountants. If you want to run Solar Accounts on your computer and your client's computer then you will need to buy two separate licences. Using the CSV import/export approach to transfer data can cause problems - for example, if your client changes the invoice number you could end up with two invoices - one with the old number and one with the new number. For this reason we recommend you transfer data by copying the entire Solar Accounts data file.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 20, 2013 8:15 AM BST

Mark,

The accountant for one of my clients has been using his free copy of Solar for the last three years to do the tax return. Will he still be able to due this or will he have buy a new version?

I am due to send him the file in October.

Peter

Posted by Peter Smith on Sep 20, 2013 10:05 AM BST

Hi Peter,

That's no problem - there is no expiry on your accountant's Solar Accounts software licence.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 20, 2013 10:50 AM BST

Thanks for your reply Mark.

Posted by Heather Wilsher on Sep 22, 2013 9:02 PM BST