Forum Message

Solar on MAC

I have been using Solar for 2 years now on Windows PCs. Just took delivery of an iMac and have downloaded Solar to this platform.

Solar is telling me I only have a limited time to use this before I have to pay for licence.

How do I get a licence fee (transfer) so I do not have to pay again ?

Also, how many devices are you allowed to run Solar on under one licence ?

Posted by Alan Rick on Nov 13, 2013 12:23 AM GMT

Second Apple question.....

When I ran Solar on PC, I would sometimes have more tha one instance of Solar running on smae PC so I could easily look at Inter-company balances, etc.

On iMac, it appears that you can only have one instance of an application running at any one time.

Has anyone found a way around this (Apple) limitation ?

Posted by Alan Rick on Nov 13, 2013 12:26 AM GMT

Hi Alan,

To remove the time restriction just enter your original purchase code as described in the email you received when you purchased your Solar Accounts licence. If you don't have that email message, please let me know the cardholder name and approximate date of your purchase and I will look for the code in our records.

A single Solar Accounts licence allows you to run the software on up to 3 computers, as long as they are owned by the same business. If you uninstall the software from your computer then that computer will not count towards the limit of 3 computers.

Unfortunately Solar Accounts doesn't allow you to open two separate Solar Accounts data files simultaneously on a Mac. One workaround is to open one file and export the list or report to a PDF file, then open the PDF and then open the second Solar Accounts file.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 13, 2013 7:35 AM GMT