Forum Message

ICB Level 3 Computerised Exam

I see that Solar is ICB accredited, is it suitable for taking the L3 ICB exam?

Posted by Martin Smith on May 11, 2014 5:29 PM BST

Hi Martin,

We have not investigated the software requirements for ICB exams, so we cannot be sure if Solar Accounts would be suitable. However, in October 2011 we received the following message from a user:

"Used the package to do ICB level 2 exam and it seemed to do the job well(awaiting result). Hoping to use it again to do level 3 if still withing trial period. I will seriously consider buying it when qualified and get my practice licence."

Later she wrote:

"Yes, passed level II with a distinction, 97%, so yes your software must have done the job! I am now waiting for my results of level III. For this exam, I had to prepare accounts for a partnership. All the data input was fine, however, I did export the Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet to excel to give a better layout."

So it looks like you can use Solar Accounts for your ICB exam. If you decide to use it, please let me know how you get on so I can notify other users.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 12, 2014 8:27 AM BST

Thanks Mark,
I'll trial it against a mock paper first and if that's OK have a go at the real thing.
Martin

Posted by Martin Smith on May 12, 2014 12:02 PM BST

I have submitted the ICB L3 exam for marking, I'll let you know how it goes.
Martin

Posted by Martin Smith on Jun 11, 2014 2:03 PM BST

Hi Mark,
Passed with 98% so it does the job. Had to change account names quite a bit as the scenario was a club. It would be very helpful if the financial statements were customisable for different formats. Thanks very much.
Martin

Posted by Martin Smith on Jun 16, 2014 9:42 PM BST

Hi Martin,

That's great to hear - congratulations! I'll note your feedback in case other users are also doing the ICB exams.

If you have produced a financial statement in a different format to the one in Solar Accounts, can you please email it to me? That will give me a good idea of what things you would like to be customisable.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 17, 2014 1:43 PM BST