Forum Message

Job/Department

Hi Mark

Got a slight problem with allocating Job/Department.
Database is stored in a Dropbox folder as i run the software on 3 seperate PCs/Laptops. All machines are running win8.1 and the database is only accessed by one machine at a time.

I've found that when using the software on my Surface Pro machine, it doesn't see the Job/Department entries already in the DB. It only lets me create new ones.
Am i missing something?

Posted by Andrew Taylor on Jan 4, 2015 12:21 PM GMT

Hi Andrew,

It sounds like your Dropbox folder has not been synchronized correctly. If you add the job or department to your Solar Accounts file using Computer A, you must then do the following:
1. Close Solar Accounts on Computer A
2. Synchronize the Dropbox folder on Computer A
3. Synchronize the Dropbox folder on Computer B
4. Edit the Solar Accounts data file on Computer B.

If you don't perform these steps in the above order then it can lead to a file conflict and have missing data.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 5, 2015 8:17 AM GMT

Hi Mark

All done as you listed. Makes no difference.
The problem is that ALL jobs/departments are missing when using the 2nd laptop (Surface pro.).

It is like that part of the data is missing, although the feature is present as it lets me create them. It won't even let me edit job/dept in a previous entry, again, only create new job/dept.

Posted by Andrew Taylor on Jan 7, 2015 9:01 PM GMT

Hi Andrew,

Are you saying that you can reproduce the problem using only one computer? For example, if you create a job/dept on the Surface Pro then close the file and immediately re-open it on the same device, the list of jobs/departments is still empty?

Also, please click 'About Solar Accounts' from the Help menu and let me know the version number.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 8, 2015 9:05 AM GMT

Hi Mark.
Using Version 3.9.7 on all 3 machines.

The problem is only on the Surface Pro - running win 8.1 same as other two machines.
The problem is it doesn't 'see' the existing job/department that already exist.
Even if i open up an existing entry to edit it, the job/dept is not there. Yet fine on other two machines.

Posted by Andrew Taylor on Jan 8, 2015 11:59 PM GMT

Hi Andrew,

OK please run Solar Accounts on your Surface Pro and press Ctrl + F9. You should see a message saying that a diagnostic file called 'Solar Accounts Log File.zip' was created in your Documents folder. Please email me that file.

Then repeat the process on one of the other computers that does not have this problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 9, 2015 11:21 AM GMT