Forum Message

Solar Accounts Online - Alpha Release

Hi Folks,

As many users have requested, at Solar Accounts we are working on an online version of our accounting software which will allow a user to log in from any computer and easily share their data with another user.

To see a preview of Solar Accounts Online and try it for yourself, see this page:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/alpha.php

Cheers

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 28, 2015 12:04 PM GMT

Hi Mark
Congratulations are very much in order! So pleased, I will try out and hopefully contribute to improvements.
Regards
Kieranz

Posted by Kieranz on Feb 1, 2015 4:44 PM GMT

Looking forward to this.

1. Will this increase the capacity of any data file? (For example, I had recently to set up a new data file for an client as the existing data file was becoming too big & unwieldy & the programme was beginning to be noticeably slower)

2. Would you consider including an archiving function for reconciled items?

3. Will existing users be able to transfer to the online version & will this entail a cost?
    4. Can the programme and data be saved to my computer so that in the event of a breakdown in broadband access I can continue to work offline & then transfer the data online when internet access restored.? Would an automatic sync to the online version be possible in case I forget to transfer the data?

Posted by Jack on Feb 2, 2015 3:15 PM GMT

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your interest in the upcoming online version of Solar Accounts! To answer your questions:

1. Sorry no, the capacity of each business will remain the same.

2. I can see that archiving old transactions would be beneficial in both speed and ease-of-use, but it's not something we are currently working on. I'll note it as a a feature request in our system.

3. Yes, you can import your existing Solar Accounts business data file into Solar Accounts Online. There will be a monthly fee, but we haven't yet decided how much we will charge for the service.

4. No, you will not be able to work offline and sync later - you will need internet access to edit your data. In future we may add an option to view your data in read-only mode if there is no internet connection, but this is not something that will be available initially.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 2, 2015 3:38 PM GMT

Hi Mark

Will you still be able to have unlimited clients for a set fee, or will it be monthly per company like other online systems?

Kind regards and very best wishes

Elaine

Posted by Elaine Botfield on Feb 4, 2015 5:03 PM GMT

Hi Elaine,

We expect to charge a monthly fee for each business, with a slightly cheaper rate for businesses which are not VAT-registered.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 4, 2015 6:10 PM GMT