Forum Message

Solar Online Version

I currently use your Offline version and am looking at maybe using the online version.
I assume new clients can be added to my account when required?
Will each client have their own login details?
Just really want to know a bit more before I start recommending Solar to some of my clients.
I also assume that it will be me who pays you direct for each client that is setup?

Posted by Marilyn Mauran on May 15, 2015 1:21 PM BST

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for your interest in Solar Accounts Online! Yes you can create a new company at any time by clicking menu File > New > Business. To see a list of companies click menu File > Close.

New companies you create are initially visible only to you, but you can share the company data with your client by clicking menu Setup > Sharing, then generating a sharing code and giving it to your client. Your client can then create an account with Solar Accounts Online and access the company data by entering the sharing code. In this way each client will have their own user ID and password for Solar Accounts and can only see the data for their company. Each client will have full access allowing them to make any changes to the data.

And yes, if you set up the company then you will be charged the monthly fee for that company while your client can access the data for no charge. Initially when your 30-day trial period expires you will prompted to enter your credit card details. Thereafter your card will automatically be charged on the same day each month - the amount charged will be based on the number of companies you manage on that date. To cancel your subscription for a company click menu File > Close, then select 'Remove'.

I recommend trying Solar Accounts Online with one client for a month or two before you use it for other clients.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 16, 2015 2:00 PM BST

Hi Mark,
Is the Online Version exactly the same format as the Offline Version?

Posted by Marilyn Mauran MM Bookkeeping on Jun 2, 2015 10:05 PM BST

Hi Marilyn,

The online version can import data files which were created with the offline version. The online version also has additional features such as (1) the ability to send emails directly from Solar Accounts; (2) a customer activity statement which shows a running balance; (3) Office-use Notes field for every transaction. We plan to only add new features to the online version in future, so this feature gap will grow over time.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 3, 2015 9:45 AM BST

Hi

Tried the customer activity statement but it only showed the balance not a running total.

Posted by on Jun 7, 2015 11:23 AM BST

Are you viewing the customer statement in the 'Print Preview' window Solar Accounts? If so, click the Options button to switch to 'Activity Statement'.

Otherwise, please let me know the sequence of buttons and menu items you select to reproduce the problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 7, 2015 12:16 PM BST