Forum Message

Sorting Purchase Invoice

Is it just me but I cant seem to sort the purchase invoice list.....I would assume clicking on the column headers would do this but it doesnt ?

Posted by Adrian on Mar 18, 2009 4:55 PM GMT

Hi Adrian,

Sorry transaction lists in Solar Accounts are always sorted by date. If you like, you can export to a spreadsheet and sort the list in Excel.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 18, 2009 6:15 PM GMT

Hi Mark,
I've just tried exactly that because I wanted to sort on invoice number. The list of names, invoice numbers, amounts, etc. looks great in excel but because the name fields are merged cells I cannot sort the data easily. I will have to unmerge all the merged cells first. This is a time-consuming process, unless I've missed something. Have I?
Lesley.

Posted by Lesley Bulbeck on May 28, 2010 2:00 PM BST

Hi Lesley,

If you click menu Window > Purchase Invoices, you can export that list to excel without having merged cells.

Exporting the report 'Purchase Invoice Summary' will produce merged cells. However, it's not too difficult to 'unmerge' cells in Excel. In Excel 2000 you would select all the cells, then click menu Format > Cells > Alignment, then remove the tick next to 'Merge cells'.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 28, 2010 3:48 PM BST