Forum Message

Accounts field not showing correctly?

I'm using the trial account of Solar at present. I really like it and think I'll be going with it however I've noticed a problem with the Accounts summary.

I have entered 2 purchase invoices from my supplier of around 9k each (including VAT) however when I look on the "Accounts Payable" tab from the "Accounts" header, it only shows my liability as £2,615 not £18,000.

Can you advise I just need to clear this up, if so I'll be able to purchase it.

Posted by M Lucas on Mar 19, 2009 7:54 PM GMT

Hang on I think I have just worked it out, it's because the payment is not due because I have this invoice on credit, sorry about that.

I'll be purchasing this very shortly from you.

Cheers

Posted by M Lucas on Mar 19, 2009 7:58 PM GMT

Good to hear you like our software! If the balance for an account looks wrong it's useful to view the trasactions that affect the balance - click menu item Window > Account Activity, then enter the account name.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 20, 2009 9:08 AM GMT

Thanks Mark.

Can you just confirm I can use this to keep my Ltd company records correct for an accountant to use?

I understand I can record all the information as I go and the software will work out my VAT as well.

How do I get the information I’ve recorded from the program to my accountant so they can check it come return time?

Thanks

Matt

Posted by M Lucas on Mar 20, 2009 9:39 AM GMT

Hi Matt,

Yes we have a number of accountants who recommend Solar Accounts to their clients. Usually the accountant needs the list of transactions and trial balance report, both of which you can export to an Excel spreadsheet and send to your accountant. If your accountant uses Sage Line 50 you can also export to CSV files which can be imported directly into Sage.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 20, 2009 2:56 PM GMT

Great, thanks Mark

Matt

Posted by M Lucas on Mar 20, 2009 3:17 PM GMT