Forum Message

invoice and demand notices saving both

Hi. I run a lettings agency and property maintenance business. I need to invoice my landlords for maintenance work done but also issue demand notices to the landlord's tenants. Is there any way of saving a demand notice on the system for use and an invoice. At the moment I have to keep altering the design layout of the invoice template to a demand notice and then back into an invoice when I need one of those. It gets a little irritating to keep having to swap back and forth. It would be great if I could just choose one or other from a drop down, can this be done

Posted by Richard Ayling on Oct 1, 2015 12:26 AM BST

Hi Richard,

I can see that it's pain to repeatedly change the invoice layout. Unfortunately Solar Accounts only allows one layout for the invoice, but here's a workaround: leave the invoice template to be printed as an invoice, but change the quote template to be printed as a demand notice.

Then when you want to print a demand notice: select the appropriate row in the Invoices list and click menu Edit > Copy. Change the ID to match the invoice and click 'Print' or 'Email'. This will create two documents (invoice and quote) for the demand notice, but that's OK because quotes do not have any affect on the accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 1, 2015 1:22 PM BST