Forum Message

iOS

Hello Dolar Accounts...!

1. Should I migrate to Solar Accountdv online vsrsion, can it be accessed from a
    an iPhone/ 6S or iPad Mini2 ?

2. Is it possible to migrate away from the cloaud based Solar Accounts back to the computer based version ?

May thanks
Neil

Posted by Neil Cole on Jan 14, 2017 4:40 PM GMT

Hi Neil,

1. Sorry no, Solar Accounts Online only runs on Mac and Windows computers.

2. Yes, currently if you want to switch from the online to the offline version we can email you a .slr file containing your online data which you can open in the offline version. However, this option will not always be available in future - please check with us if you plan to do this after June 2017.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 15, 2017 12:23 AM GMT

Hi Mark

Further to your answer to question 2.
I have a couple of clients who insist on having offline management accounts. I am currently testing your software for those assignments. Can you assure me you going to make offline versions available in the future.

Thank you

Posted by Moses Sena MAAT MSc on Feb 12, 2017 5:43 AM GMT

Hi Moses,

We are no longer adding features to the offline version of Solar Accounts, and we plan to stop issuing maintenance releases for the offline version in 2019.

However, the newer online version of Solar Accounts has an 'offline mode' which allows you to store your financial data offline. You need an internet connection to log in, but your financial data is never sent to our online systems. Would this be suitable for your clients who require offline management accounts?

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 12, 2017 12:32 PM GMT