Forum Message

Opening bank balance

Hi,
I have entered by bank balance into my check account as a minus figure as the account is overdrawn , eg - £4000 , however if I record a payment received eg £2000.00 the cheque account shows - £6000 instead of - £2000 ?
So the cheque account doesn't match bank statement

Posted by Rick Diack on Apr 5, 2017 6:35 PM BST

Hi Rick,

That is odd - please check that you are recording a Money Received transaction with the Deposit Into Account set to 'Cheque Account'. The remaining fields should be as shown here:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-record-a-cash-sale.php

If that doesn't help, please click menu File > Backup, then save the backup file and email it to me.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 6, 2017 10:04 AM BST

Hi Mark

it looks like have recorded these payments into " money to banked " rather than my cheque account , how do i now move this payment over ?

Thanks Rick

Posted by Rick Diack on Apr 11, 2017 4:21 PM BST

Hi Rick,

Just type 'Cheque Account' into the Deposit Into Account field.

If your customers usually pay directly into your bank account then you can set this as the default account for payments by clicking menu Setup > Transaction Defaults > Default Accounts, then set the Default Deposit Into Account field to 'Cheque Account'

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 11, 2017 4:27 PM BST

Hi Mark

yes i understand how to do that now , but I'm not sure how to move this origional payment that is sat in " money to be banked " into the cheque account ?

Thanks Rick

Posted by Rick Diack on Apr 11, 2017 4:34 PM BST

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you click menu Window > Transactions, then double-click on the payment you can change the 'Deposit Into Account' field. Does that help?

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 11, 2017 6:47 PM BST